Blogmas Day 10 || The Holiday Film Review

20:59 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello lovelies,
For today's post I thought I would write a short film review of my all time favourite Christmas movie, The Holiday, starring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jude Law and Jack Black. It's my favourite feel good movie all year round and I really don't think there's nearly enough recognition surrounding it!

If you are looking for a festive film to make you laugh, cry and generally just feel a whole range of emotions, this is your film.. It has an incredible cast, who all act brilliantly, and the story creates a wonderful mixture for a christmassy film. The story follows the lives of Iris (Kate Winslet); a simple, English columnist who is dealing with a case of unrequited love and Amanda (Cameron Diaz); a successful, American trailer editor, whose boyfriend cheated on her, over the Christmas holidays the women arrange a house swap with each other. Although the two women don't previously know each other, they meet people involved in each other's lives and as the film progresses you see changes in both Iris and Amanda due to the people around them.
This film is a very comforting and it's the perfect accompaniment to a nice cup of tea and a blanket.

I also want to give a quick mention to the beautiful sets and scenery in the film, they are absolutely flawless.

That concludes my mini review of possibly one of my favourite films (all year round).



0 comments: