How I Style || Leather Mini Skirt

21:19 Unknown 1 Comments

Hello lovelies,
So I recently purchased a leather mini skirt and I thought I would do a post on how I would personally style one. I have created three outfits; casual, formal and evening, these are all my personal style but you may be able to take some inspiration, my skirt is from New Look and you can buy similar ones here.

Outfit 1: Casual
I would wear this outfit at the weekend or to college probably, I thought the leather details on the top would match nicely with the leather on the skirt, I paired it with a pair of tights and plimsolls to balance out the leather, then I threw on a denim jacket to add to the casual feel. Agirly pink lip helps to make this boxy outfit a bit more feminine.
Skirt: New Look
Top: Dorothy Perkins
Jacket: eBay
Plimsolls: Primark
Lipstick: MUA shade 3


Outfit Two: Formal
For this outfit I wanted to play up the leather with a leather jacket and then balance it out with a very floaty shirt in this dusky pink, ultra-feminine colour. You could switch out the leather jacket for a blazer if you don't like the look of this for something formal. I kept the shoes plain to keep the focus on the outfit, then added a red lip to keep things interesting and transform it from something quite simple to something special.
Skirt: New Look 
Top: Charity Shop
Flats: Primark
Jacket: H&M
Chain: Charity Shop
Lipstick: Rimmel Moister Renew in Diva Red
I apologise for the blurriness of this photo, my camera wouldn't focus for about half an hour.

Outfit three: Evening
I thought this outfit would be good for a party or a night out but it could also work, if you threw a kimono over the top and switched the heels for flats, as a day outfit. I chose a tight cropped top because the skirt isn't tight the whole way down, and it helps to add a more feminine silhouette. The lips are a dark purple to add to the edginess of the skirt as a piece. 
Skirt: New Look
Top: H&M
Shoes: eBay
Lips: Rimmel Kate Moss collection in shade 04
I apologise again for the blurriness, this was all I had that I could use!

Do you like leather skirts? How would you style one?

'It’s a new era in fashion - there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high-end, low-end, classic labels, and up-and-coming designers all together.' - Alexander McQueen


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, the pictures on your blog are beautiful, I am very envious! Following you on bloglovin' now!xxxx

    ReplyDelete