The Burdens of Blogging || Balancing Blogging for Pleasure and Readers

20:00 Unknown 0 Comments

Hello lovelies,



I feel like blogging used to be something I looked forward to doing every week and it was simply a pleasure, rather than a burden. However, as of late, I have become increasingly concerned with my blog, and well seemingly lack of it at the moment, but then I realise something… I do not owe anyone a blog post, there is no one sitting there with a checklist marking noughts and crosses whenever I do or don’t post, there are just readers who want to receive my content, but they won’t scrutinise me for not giving them anything.

That is when I realised I have been going about blogging the wrong way for some time now, it is about sharing my content with the world and reading the content of others, not impressing some imaginary judges panel I have created in my head. So instead of apologising for not having blogged properly and consistently for a while I am going to fill you in on what has actually been going on in my life as of late, trust me when I say there have been a lot of changes for me.

  1. First and foremost, some things just haven’t changed; I am still very much in love with my boyfriend, he treats me like a princess and I could not be more lucky- I am sure you will see as we move into some of the later points! 
  2. I am midway through having an extension done on my house so that my grandparents can move in with us, as opposed to them going into a nursing home in the next few years, which means over the summer I will be living out of three houses; my home, my grandparent’s home and Adam’s home. 
  3. I passed my driving theory test two weeks ago today, and I am so pleased, I know it isn’t overly hard to pass but I still felt a huge achievement having finished it, and everyone around me was very proud. 
  4. I have officially finished my AS’s for the second time around, and I am actually feeling relatively confident about my results, fingers crossed it stays that way when I open them a month today… Gosh that is coming around quickly! 
  5. I am now an adult, it was my eighteenth birthday on Tuesday the 8th July 2014 and I have been royally spoilt; I received a MacBook Air from my parents, sister and grandparents, a sleeve for it and an external disk drive, on top of that I got a lovely bracelet from my friends which was engraved! 
  6. And the piece de resistance…. ADAM TOOK ME TO ROME, ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!! I told you I was a lucky girl! I am going to be posting some of my pictures, but not all as there are nearly 200, and OOTDs from my mini 5 day getaway with the man of my dreams. I was in total shock when I opened a lonely planet’s guide to Italy only to find a circle around rome on the inside page. I then got €30 from Adam’s parents which I spent in Brandy Melville in Rome. It was honestly the best few days of my life and I couldn’t have asked for a more special and wonderful birthday. 
I hope you have all been well and that you appreciate this post from me, even though you have probably forgotten who I am ;) 

 






0 comments: