Top Five || Autumn/ Winter Lipsticks

20:00 Unknown 3 Comments

Hello lovelies,

Today I thought I would write a little beauty post for you, as I haven't for so long! I have really been getting bored of Summer recently, I know, shock horror, burn me at the stake and all that, but frankly I love wearing make up and the Summer is just FAR TOO HOT for me to bother putting on a smokey eye and rocking a full face, contour and all! It would only melt off... I am so excited to start wearing jumpers and scarves again, I love experimenting with style and make up as well and Winter is prime time for such!

Today I am going to give you the rundown on my top 5 Winter Lipsticks, right off the bat I am going to say you will sense a theme of sorts as they are an assortment of Rimmel and MAC products, so actually really quite an affordable top 5! 

Lipstick no.1: Vintage Pink- Moisture Renew (old formula & packaging), By Rimmel

(apologies for the blurry picture)



This lipstick is my pick for the perfect Winter nude, it is a mauve toned pink, which compliments maroon eye make up very well and makes your every day nude colour that bit more seasonal. I adore the formula for this lipstick, I tend to get very dry lips and this is just so creamy and very well pigmented, it applies like a dream! You will need to reapply throughout the day, but for the price, it is SO worthwhile.

Lipstick no.2: Diva Red- Moisture Renew (new formula & packaging), By Rimmel




This is a wonderful bright and slightly dark red, perfect for a winged eyeliner and a pop of colour on the lips, it's the brightest colour of the five but still holds a wintery feel, I wouldn't wear this colour in the summer. The new formula of Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks is to die for, they slick on with the most gentle swipe and do not dry my lips out at all, they're gorgeous. You might have to watch out for a bit of bleeding or shifting throughout the day but when properly applied I felt only touch ups were necessary, as opposed to reapplying it from bare lips.

Lipstick no.3: Currant -Lipliner, By MAC




I originally bought this to go under my next Lipstick, however after the first application I was so pleased with the colour I knew it would be a Lipliner that could stand alone, with a little lip balm, possibly a tinted one over the top. It gives a dark and Wintery feel to any make up look, even though I have loved wearing it in the Summer, I am addicted. As I have said I do get dry lips and this can draw  attention to that when it is worn alone so I would be careful to apply it to moisturised lips but other than that it is long lasting and a stunning colour!

Lipstick no.4: Hang Up- Cremesheen, By MAC





Hang Up is the most perfect pink-toned berry coloured Lipstick I have ever come across and I have been looking for quite some time now, it looks gorgeous with a nice and nude eye during the day and can be amped up at night or at a nice Christmas fair with a heavier eye, it is surprisingly versatile and easily a staple in my collection now! I usually layer it with Currant to make sure it lasts all day, but MAC lipsticks tend to stain my lips well. The formula of cremesheen Lipsticks are perfect for my dry lipped girls, its creamy and who could say no to that heavenly vanilla scent? I would say it doesn't apply as evenly as the other Lipsticks in one swipe but I don't mind layering this Lipstick as it can amp up the intensity!

Lipstick no.5: 004 Kate Moss for Rimmel




This is possibly the most daring colour Lipstick I own, it is a dark, true purple that is ideal for giving a red lipstick that bit more depth, or to darken up a nude or even alone as a dark purple lip! Not only is it a gorgeous colour, Rimmel have not failed to supply in the texture department; it is creamy and long-lasting and makes your lips look and feel great! I would suggest buying it to anyone because it could just be the perfect mixing colour you need for your collection to turn any lipstick into a Winter one? Do not be put off by the intensity, it is a gorgeous colour! 

What are your Winter Lipstick picks? Should I do a Winter eye shadows post? Talking about my favourite eye looks for winter? I would love to hear any of your Winter make up picks!


3 comments:

  1. I do love deep maroon shades for fall! Lovely review. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I always think it's fun to experiment with vampy shades in the Autumn/Winter!
      Love your blog girl, already following :))
      Charley xxx

      Delete
  2. My favorites are Diva-Red by Rimmel and the one from Mac! I love kind of berry shade lipsticks for Fall! It's so cute xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete