Back To School || 5 Product Face

18:30 Unknown 2 Comments

Hello lovelies,
I know it may seem like an odd time to start a back to school series, seeing as everyone is already at school or will be in the next couple of weeks, but I thought I would start a Sunday 'Back To School' series that will hopefully run through until the next half term. I am aiming to focus the posts on the number five, for example; 5 tips or 5 outfits OR as today's post 5 products.

I know that a lot of people chose to wake up earlier on a school day to put on make up, but this post is aimed at my friends who like an extra half an hour in bed like myself, this is the perfect post for you... If you want to find out how I managed this five minute look with just five products, then keep reading;




What products did I use?



Steps to this look;
This look couldn't be any easier it is all about utilising fewer products and giving them more uses!
Step 1: Foundation;
I took my Complexion Blending brush and popped a 5 pence piece sized bit of foundation onto my powder lid, then I blended about half of it into my brush and then using big circular movements, I buffed it all over my face. I then take the rest of the foundation and focus it on my problem areas and then lend what's leftover down my neck. I then leave that to set and move on to the rest of my face.
Step 2: Brows:
If you're anything like me and have completely different shaped brows it can e hard to get this done quickly, but I have honestly found my holy grail product for natural looking brows in a minute or two! Firstly I brushed my brows out and into a more arched shape with the bristly side of my brow and lash brush, I then run a little of the pencil on the under side of my brows, gently blending it up a little in the sparser section at the front, I then match the arches on my brows by gently applying a little pencil and removing any excess with my finger (shoot me)... After I have filled in any sparse areas I blend the product out with the spoolie end of the pencil and TADA perfect natural looking brows!
Step 3: Lashes:
My lashes are quite simple, I apply one coat of my mascara gently, and wait for it to dry, I may do some other steps while I wait for it to dry and then I comb through them with the plastic side of my lash and brow brush and then make them extra fluttery by brushing through with the bristly side.
Step 4: Concealing:
I tend to get a little red on my cheeks and across my nose because I suffer with Rosacea, so I sometimes need a little extra coverage there, so once my base layer of foundation has set I will co back in with a little more and apply it to any problem areas with my blending brush and it works as a concealer. I would recommend trying this if you own a light foundation that can be built up like this one!
Step 5: Cheeks & Lips:
Using my lipstick (any pinky nude will do) I apply that on to my lips and then apply some onto the back of my hand, I dab one finger into the lipstick and pat it onto my cheeks, blending it along the apples of my cheeks and then up my cheekbone a little.
Step 6: Powder:
Finally I powder through my T-zone, focussing mainly on the places I get oily; between my eyebrows and my chin, and the apples of my cheeks. I recently read that we powder too much of our faces, there are certain areas that are not supposed to look matte and I have noticed a considerable difference in the way my skin looks since I have been limiting my powder, I look much healthier and generally more glowy!

FINISHED FACE:





I think this is a perfect look for school, simple and easy plus you can't get in trouble for wearing too much make up, as I know schools can be a bit funny about how much make up you wear, at least I know mine was!

How would you do your make up for school? Are you even allowed to wear it? Let me know in the comments! 

Love always, 

2 comments:

  1. Super natural and low-key look! Love it!

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's definitely my go-to when I am rushed in the morning!
      I will have a look at your blog later on doll!
      Charley xx

      Delete