Inspiration Fridays || Vanity/ Dressing Table Decor

20:00 Unknown 4 Comments

Hello lovelies,

I thought I would try something a little different today in the spirit of trying new things as far as my blog is concerned and write an ‘inspirations’ post, using things I have seen on Pinterest/ Tumblr to help me think of more ways to exert and motivate my creativity.

My first post is a room decor inspirations, as I will be having a dressing table in my room for the first time when it has been completed I have been looking for ways to lay out that area of my room and how I want to organise my make up e.c.t
I have always been a wall collage fan and I just thought that right next to my wardrobe/ make up area would be the ideal place to put some pictures which will inspire me to do interesting and exciting things with my hair, make up and outfits… These are just a handful of pictures I have seen on Pinterest (follow me here) which I thought were perfect inspiration for my new room.

(source)
I love the colour of this dressing table, it kind of makes me want to spray paint my furniture... Considering it is old maybe I will, but I adore all the furniture in a room to be matching colours. I also like the simplicity of the actual set up, I hate over crowded dressing tables like mine is currently, they just look messy.

(source)
This collage is incredible because I feel like everything looks lined up but there is also no real border to it so it doesn't feel too much like a perfect picture, I would probably call it an organised mess, which is exactly what I am going for! 

(source)
Again the sheer simplicity of the dressing table drew me towards it, and this is probably the design of dresser (not desk) which resembles mine most clearly, minus the colour. I adore the flowers as well, I definitely want to start investing in simplistic, decorative pieces like this for my dresser area.

(source)
This collage features far more similar items to those I want to display, however I would much prefer it if my collage was directly attached to my wall with white tac, I was going to make collage boards but they all felt too permanent I wanted something I can adjust with the seasons. 

(source)
I love the use of a tray on this vanity to hold items, I have been considering getting a tray to hold my everyday make up and skincare items and then have everything else stored away in a small chest of drawers underneath, my grandma uses a little glass tray and I just find it keeps her surface looking clutter free! 

(source)
Lastly, this collage although it is on a pin board, is almost exactly how I want to present my collage, just little bits all over the wall around my vanity; from magazine clippings to little quotes I have printed out. I just think the "organised mess" look is so interesting and you can see how much work someone has put into their decor that way.

These are just a few of my room decor inspirations, make sure to leave me any links to images you like and draw inspiration from! 

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last, you create what you will” – George Bernard Shaw



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they? I am 99% sure my vanity area will never be that nice but I can hope ;)
      Your blog is lovely, I adore your photos and your make up!
      Charley xxx

      Delete
  2. I love that first one, although perhaps in a more vintage pink colour. My vanity area is looking very underwhelming after this post! haha
    http://scarlettsmua.blogspot.com/2014/06/home-haul-home-decor.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh the pink would be lovely, I love nice pastels on vanities because they're a little bit different! Oops I didn't want to make your vanity seem underwhelming I am sure it is amazing! Your baby is absolutely beautiful! Following you via bloglovin' now!
      Charley xx

      Delete